The <IR> Framework has seven guiding principles. The second principle articulates the importance of presenting a holistic picture of your
Get connected through your integrated report
Although we live in an interconnected world, our reality is often fraught with incoherence, miscommunications, and fragments of information. The same goes for corporate reporting. Integrated reports aim to demonstrate coherence by highlighting how pieces of seemingly disparate information connect. Stakeholders expect reports to explain how businesses think about their interdependent role in society, and how their strategic direction responds to this. Mostly, connected reports come from connected
What does the framework say?
“The more that integrated thinking is embedded in an
For more information on how a connected strategy leads to integrated thinking, follow this link.
What does this mean?
A good integrated report presents a holistic picture of the organisation and its activities. It demonstrates how the organisation creates value through its interdependencies by clearly showing the links between concepts and topics in the integrated report. It also articulates the interrelated nature of the company’s business by showing how the company’s business activities connect with its stakeholders. To demonstrate the principle of connectivity in your integrated report, consider the following guidelines:
– Demonstrate how the various aspects of
– How the past is connected with the
– That the availability, quality
– Financial information is connected to non-financial information. You can demonstrate this by including key performance indicators as part of the narrative
– Management information, board information
– That the integrated report connects with and is coherent with information in the organisation’s other communications, and information from other sources
Your report will be more connected if it:
– Has a logical structure
– Is written in clear, plain language
– Includes navigation guidelines
– Has clearly separate but linked sections with
For examples on the connectivity of information, refer to the links below:
Need assistance with demonstrating the interdependent and connected nature of your business? Contact Alchemy Creative Studios: email@example.com
This is the second article in a series of seven relating to the <IR> Framework guiding principles. Return to our blog to read more on these principles.